etsy

Thursday, March 31, 2011

Since winter wont go away... I'll experiment with soup!

Today was rainy and chilly, which I don't mind all that much.  I get to wear my great winter boots a few more days, and I get to try out some creative recipes.

We've always loved the canned italian wedding soup, so I scrounged through my cupboards and found some items to make a chicken, rice, and spinach concoction for tonight.

Here's what I used:
1 frozen chicken breast
1/2 can spinach
3 tbsp tomato chicken broth powder
2 tbsp lemon pepper
1 cup rice
5-6 cups water

I just cooked the chicken and the lemon pepper in the pan.  Cut up the breast, then added all the ingredients to the pot and simmered for 30 minutes. 

The result was wonderful!  Great savory flavor, healthy spinach, a truly wonderful meal in a bowl.  Unlike some of my other experiments, the family devoured this.  Even my picky son at some of it (just don't tell him that was spinach!)

No comments:

Post a Comment